Europe’s finest Inklings will be splatting it out for the ultimate titles when they meet at the Polymanga event in Switzerland at the Splatoon European Championship at the end of March. Using their own Nintendo Switch consoles and a copy of Splatoon 2, 16 highly skilled teams will battle for the title.
The tournament kicks off with a pre-qualification round on 30 March and the morning of 31 March, where the 16 attending teams will battle it out for a coveted spot in the final four. The semi-final will be broadcast live on Nintendo UK’s YouTube channel and via Twitch, with the members of the winning team walking away with a special trophy and jersey as well as the title of Splatoon Champion.
The 16 teams who will be competing to make it to the live semi-final and final are:
- UK: Team Mako (Winner of UK championship) and 4D (Winner of wildcard tournament)
- GermanyAustria/Switzerland: Gucci Gang (Winner of German championship) and Hallo! (Runners up)
- France: Alliance Rogue (Winner of French championship) and EL Firmament (Runners up)
- Spain: Spanish Army (Winner of Spanish championship) and Archicosmus (Runners up)
- Italy: NinPlayers (Winner of Italian championship) and CrossInk (Winner of online Italian championship)
- Netherlands: Polderlantis (Winner of Dutch championship) and Team.Extensions (Runners up)
- Belgium: Overtime (Winner of Belgian championship)
- Portugal: Hexagone (Winner of Portuguese championship)
- Russia: Red Ink (Winner of Russian championship) and Splat Tim (Runners up)
Source: God is Geek