Popular Prison escape game The Escapists is getting a sequel and was revealed via a trailer at Twitchcon this weekend.
The game will follow the formula laid out in the original tasking you as a prison inmate looking to break out of a high security prison. You’ll need to try to find moments within your daily routine to work out a plan to escape and gather the things you need to accomplish it.
Of course, being a sequel there’ll be improvements including:
- Multiplayer – In a first for the series, The Escapists 2 offers drop-in/drop-out play offering both split screen and online play for up to four players in both co-op and versus modes
- New ways to escape – Tie together knotted sheets and use them to climb down high windows in our new multi-level prisons and other new ways to make a break for freedom!
- New items to craft – Build yourself a homemade taser to knock out guards plus many more!
- New combat system – A completely revamped combat system featuring new lock-on targeting and blocking systems plus light and heavy attacks
- New graphical style – A brand new look immerses players in a deeper, richer world while maintaining that unique The Escapists style
- More character customisation – New customisation options let players tweak their avatar to a whole new level. Play as a girl! Go bald! Sport a mullet! The choice is yours
- More things to do – Join a band! Learn to paint! The Escapists 2 will offer more ways than ever to pass the time whilst incarcerated
The game does look to have dropped the original’s pixel look for a smoother sprite look, but one that still retains the personality of the original aesthetic.
The Escapists 2 is scheduled to release in 2017 for PC, Xbox One and PS4, be sure to check out the trailer above.
Source: God is Geek