Originally released on PC, PS4 and Xbox One, adventure game The Pillars of the Earth now makes its way to iOS devices with Book 1: From the Ashes.
Available for $4.99/£4.99/€5.49 for the first part, the conversion of the entire trilogy is underway, but the minimum requirements are the iPhone 6s and the iPad Air 2, so I hope you have a relatively up to date device.
The beautiful hand painted backgrounds and character animation has made it across intact, with the only changes being to adapt the controls for a touchscreen. You’ll type and swipe as you explore 12th century England as Jack, Aliena and Brother Philipp as they try to build the gothic Cathedral of Kingsbridge. Here’s a few bullet points from the blurb if you’re interested:
- An interactive, changing plot, which is affected by the player.
- The complete story from the PC and console version with adaptations of the controls and icons.
- Over 200 hand-drawn backgrounds which faithfully depict life in 12th century England.
- Three playable main characters and two more playable characters.
- An orchestral soundtrack from the FILMharmonic Orchestra, Prague.
Source: God is Geek