Dishonored has not had a new video game since Dishonored: Death of the Outsider in 2017, but tabletop fans will soon have another way to delve into the rich world of the series. Modiphius Entertainment has announced a Dishonored tabletop RPG is currently in the works, and will release in summer 2020.
We’re incredibly excited to announce that we’re designing the #Dishonored 2d20 #rpg game based on the BAFTA award-winning video game series by @ArkaneStudios and in partnership with @Bethesda. You can find out more and sign up for news here – https://t.co/bsexnaffT7 pic.twitter.com/ilTdO2UDlk
— Modiphius (@Modiphius) January 22, 2020
The game will use a streamlined version of the 2d20 system that the company designed for its Star Trek Adventures and Conan games, and is being designed in collaboration with Dishonored director Harvey Smith. The game has brought on a “diverse selection of writers and artists,” many of whom were involved in the creation of the games too. It will involve exploring the Empire of the Isle.
The rules system will be developed by Nathan Dowdell (Conan: Adventures in an Age Undreamed Of) and is aiming to be fast-paced, with a new “Momentum System” being designed to incorporate the series’ Chaos mechanics and Void powers.
The game will come in a deluxe, 300 page hardcover book, and there will be custom dice and cards available too. The book is said to feature:
- An introduction to the Empire of the Isles, and an in-depth look at its history, its people and the struggles they face.
- A step-by-step guide to play the role of the Protagonists: from grim assassins and rugged criminals, to intrepid explorers and stoic crown loyalists.
- A host of antagonists and a myriad different storyhooks to inspire you, from the harsh, cold lands of Tyvia to sunny Karnaca.
- Insight on the strange nature of the Void, as well as rules to harness the its reality-bending powers.
- “The Oil Trail”, a mini-campaign in four acts that serves as a perfect introduction to the City of Dunwall.
- A streamlined narrative edition of the Modiphius 2d20 game system.
Modiphius has also worked with Bethesda on The Elder Scrolls: Call to Arms and Fallout: Wasteland Warfare. They also created the tabletop version of Mutant: Year Zero.
Aside from this tabletop series, the Dishonored series was last said to be “resting for now” in August 2018, so it might be a while before we see another video game in this universe.
Source: Game Spot Mashup