Embracer Group has acquired Dark Horse Media, which the company says will strengthen its transmedia capabilities by adding expertise in content development, comics publishing, and film production. Dark Horse Media is the company that oversees Dark Horse Comics, the third-largest comic book publisher in the US, as well as production company Dark Horse Entertainment and retail chain Things From Another World.
On the comic book side of the acquisition, this deal gives Embracer Group ownership over comic book titles such as The Mask, Time Cop, Father’s Day, and Ghost. Dark Horse has also published several creator-owned series such as Frank Miller’s Sin City and popular manga like Berserk since it was founded in 1986.
While Embracer Group hasn’t revealed how much it spent on buying Dark Horse Media, the company did mention that 80% of the shares of Dark Horse will be acquired from a seller based in Hong Kong and China, and the remaining 20% from founder and CEO Mike Richardson and COO Neil Hankerson.
Continue Reading at GameSpot
Source: Game Spot Mashup