Danish developers Game Swing have today announced Stikbold!, an indie dodgeball game which lets players hurl jellyfish, beehives and a variety of other objects to knock out the opponent.
The game was first created as part of the Nordic Game Jam, it will feature a solo campaign mode as well as a co-op campaign, in which you can a friend take on the characters of Björn and Jerome to “rescue babes, save the Stikbold! championships and defeat the devil himself.”
“When we started making Stikbold!, the last thing we thought we would end up with was a quirky 70s inspired dodgeball game, but it just works!” comments Jacob Herold, co-founder of Game Swing. “Everyone who plays the game can’t stop smiling and the reception we have had so far has been incredible. We are really looking forward to getting the game out there and spreading some groovy dodgeball love.”
A press release detailed the game’s features:
- Action packed story mode – Play solo or join up with a friend co-op and play through an awesome Stikbold! adventure.
- Multiplayer dodgeball mayhem – Battle with up to four human and two computer players for six player local dodgeball deathmatches and fight to be crowned the Stikbold! king or queen.
- The world is your arena – Take to a variety of different dodgeball pitches. From public parks to deep sea oil rigs, each pitch offers a plethora of different dangers and challenges.
- Help manipulate match outcomes – Once knocked out, come back as variety of hazards, including angry Swans, Sand Sharks and more, to interrupt the match and affect the outcome.
- Funky fresh tunes – Fully licensed 70s inspired soundtrack to help you get into the disco party mood.
- Crazy and colourful cast – Unlock and play as 18 of the grooviest playable characters from the Stikbold! universe.
Stikbold! is set for release on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC/Mac this spring. You can see the game’s first trailer above, as well as some screenshots below.
Source: God is Geek