Killer Instinct Season 3 is set to launch in March for Xbox One but the PC version will be exclusive to Windows 10, GearNuke have reported. This means players still running Windows 7/8/8.1 will have to update to Microsoft’s latest operating system if they want to get their hands on the next season.
The news was revealed by the developers of the game during a Twitch stream, and all new information about season 3 was compiled into a handy post on reddit. Below is a list of all things confirmed for the upcoming season:
- It will release in March 2016
- It is Windows 10 exclusive
- An updated Dojo Tutorial
- Tusk and Kim Wu have been confirmed to appear at launch and both will have retro costumes
- More characters will be available at launch than there were in the launch of Season 2. The remaining few will be available in the coming months.
- Everyone on the roster will have tweaks to help balance the game to compensate for the new features and mechanics being introduced in Season 3
- Two characters that are currently on the roster will be re-worked. That means their set ups and how they gain meter will be different. It is confirmed that these two characters are not Glacius, Aganos, or Shadow Jago.
- Although Ultimates for every character isn’t confirmed, it is possible for all the characters to receive Ultimates due to the tech they developed when they created ARIA.
- They will reveal more information at Pax South in San Antonio, TX sometime between January 29-31
- There will be more community bundles in Season 3 due to the success of the Shadow Jago Fund Raiser. The purpose of the Fund Raisers will be determined by the community on what they want to see in Season 3 that didn’t make the cut by launch. So if you want to see a certain guest character, stage, mode, feature, ect. that didn’t make the cut, make yourself heard. They are actively seeking out the community’s input.
There was also a variety of other things that were strongly suggested but never confirmed which can be found below. Please be aware that this is only speculation at this time.
- A vampire character and other pop culture tropes will be introduced.
- Appearances by Eyedol and Gargos
- New accessories for all of the old characters
- Multiple Guest Characters
- DLC for costumes and accessories.
Clarification: Killer Instinct is currently available on Xbox One, with cross-buy for PC. Season 3 will be coming to Xbox One and Windows 10 only.
Source: God is Geek