Now that the trailer dropped for Mortal Kombat Legends: Scorpion’s Revenge–the upcoming animated movie from Warner Bros.–everyone is wondering exactly when the movie will be releasing. Sadly, it’s a bit of a ways away, as the straight-to-video home release isn’t out until this April.
While it will be a bit of a wait until Scorpion’s Revenge releases digitally on April 12 on Movies Anywhere and on 4K UHD, Blu-ray, and DVD on April 28, the details for the upcoming home release are out. Both the 4K UHD and Blu-ray versions of the movie will come with digital copies as well, as long as you don’t mind waiting a week to see the movie.
From the looks of the trailer, the movie will tell the origin story of Scorpion, who was once Hanzo Hasashi, a man murdered by Sub-Zero who comes back to life for revenge, like the title suggests. However, the official synopsis for the movie is a bit more broad: “Mortal Kombat Legends: Scorpion’s Revenge spotlights the once-in-a-generation tournament between the champions of Outworld and Earthrealm–a competition that will ultimately determine the fate of Earth and all its citizens. Lord Raiden, protector of Earthrealm, must gather the greatest fighters of his realm to defend it from the evil Shang Tsung in the battle to end all battles–Mortal Kombat!”
The press release for Scorpion’s Revenge has an MSRP listing of $40 for the 4K Ultra HD/Blu-ray Combo Pack, $25 for the Blu-ray Combo Pack, $20 for the DVD, and $20 for the digital purchase. As mentioned, the 4K and Blu-ray Combo Packs also come with digital copies of the movie. At this time, you cannot pre-order the movie.
Below, you’ll find the special features for Mortal Kombat Legends: Scorpion’s Revenge, everything listed below is available on the 4K UHD Combo Pack, the Blu-ray Combo Pack, and for the digital versions.
Mortal Kombat Legends: Scorpion’s Revenge Special Features:
- From Epic Game to Extreme Animation – Mortal Kombat co-creator Ed Boon and the filmmakers reveal the creative process behind adapting the best-selling game to an all-new animated film.
- The Weapons, Wardrobe and World of Mortal Kombat Legends – The artists reveal the design challenges of animating the world of Mortal Kombat, from authentic armor to wildly imaginative weapons and fantasy settings.
- The Savage Sound Design of Mortal Kombat Legends – This hard-hitting audio exploration reveals the art of designing the sonic language of the fight scenes.
- Mortal Kombatants – Dive deep inside the cast of characters to reveal their unique abilities, signature moves and backstories.
- Filmmaker Commentary – Producer Rick Morales and screenwriter Jeremy Adams sit down for an insightful audio commentary that reveals the process of creating a compelling animated film based on one of today’s most popular fighting games.
Mortal Kombat Legends: Scorpion’s Revenge arrives digitally on April 12 and to 4K UHD, Blu-ray, and DVD on April 28.
Disclosure: ViacomCBS is GameSpot’s parent company.
Source: Game Spot Mashup