NVIDIA has unveiled the obscenely powerful and expensive all-new Titan X.
Boasting 12GB of memory, this is just… insane, and obviously should run games at 4K rather well – at least you’d hope for, given that it costs $1200 dollars direct from NVIDIA, and is coming on August 2nd.
Apparently the idea began as a bet, which is fair enough given these numbers:
- 11 TFLOPS FP32
- 44 TOPS INT8 (new deep learning inferencing instruction)
- 12B transistors
- 3,584 CUDA cores at 1.53GHz (versus 3,072 cores at 1.08GHz in previous TITAN X)
- Up to 60% faster performance than previous TITAN X
- High performance engineering for maximum overclocking
- 12 GB of GDDR5X memory (480 GB/s)
I mean… fucking hell, to be honest. If you’ve got the money, then your PC can become a super-computer, essentially. Also, thank god for the full stop in their strapline of “The Ultimate. Period.”, right?
Source: God is Geek