Pokemon Go developer Niantic has outlined a slate of changes it will be making to Raid Battles. Beginning this summer, the studio will introduce a new feature called Trainer Achievements, and it will also implement various other quality-of-life improvements.
As detailed on the official Pokemon Go blog, Trainer Achievements “are designed to celebrate Trainers of all levels for taking part in a raid.” Players will receive a commendation after the battle for certain criteria, such as using a Mega-Evolved Pokemon or dealing the most damage. Niantic has outlined some of the feats that will net you a Trainer Achievement after the Raid:
- Delivering the final attack
- Dealing the most damage overall
- Keeping a single Pokemon in battle for the longest time of all participants
- Using the tallest Pokemon among all participants in battle
- Joining the raid from furthest distance
- Using a Mega-Evolved Pokemon during the battle
- Changing your avatar’s clothing or pose
- Using the most Charged Attacks of all participants
According to Niantic, you’ll receive a medal the first time you earn a Trainer Achievement. The medal will initially be bronze and can be upgraded to silver and, eventually, gold.
Continue Reading at GameSpot
Source: Game Spot Mashup