Activision and Toys for Bob have today announced the release date of Skylanders Imaginators, the new branch of the toys-to-life series which is set to launch this October.
The main plot point surrounding Skylanders Imaginators is ‘Mind Magic’: a power that allowed the Ancients to create everything in Skylands using only their imagination. They sealed it away, fearing that it may fall into the wrong hands — and of course, this is exactly what happens. Villain Kaos frees the Mind Magic from its ancient resting place and uses it to unleash a slew of gruesome Doomlanders across the world. Skylanders Imaginators tasks Portal Masters with eradicating this pestilence by using great mystic warriors known as Senseis.
Senseis will help train player-created Imaginators by providing weapons, giving access to special areas in the game, as well as bestowing Secret Techniques across the Battle Classes. Senseis fall into one of 10 classes including Knight, Sorcerer, Bowslinger, Brawler, and so on. All Senseis also have their own unique benefits including the ability to unleash Sky-Chi – the ultimate Battle Class super move. There are a total of 31 Senseis, which include a few fan-favorite villains who have moved to the light side and now fight for good.
Imaginators will give players access to a whole host of customisation options — including appearance, powers, abilities, name, catchphrase, musical theme and much more — allowing them to create wacky and unique Skylanders. Skylanders Imaginators will support all of the 300+ characters previously introduced in titles such as Superchargers, Trap Team and SWAP Force — by adding to their collection in Imaginators, players will be able to “expand their in-game experience”.
Here are some of the key facts, handily shared via a press release:
- Create your own Skylander – For the first time, their imaginations to life and create their own Skylanders, called Skylanders Imaginators. With endless creation options of powers, abilities, catchphrases, appearance and much more, kids can build their very own creations out of their imaginations, or use the randomize feature to allow the game to choose parts for them.
- Creation Crystal – Skylanders Imaginators introduces a new toy type — a Creation Crystal. This vessel allows players to create and transport their unique Skylanders to consoles at anytime, anywhere! Creation Crystals are elementally aligned. Portal Masters can create one character per Creation Crystal.
- Meet the Senseis – The Skylanders franchise continues to offer engaging characters that kids love to discover as they play the game. Skylanders Imaginators will introduce new guest stars to Skylanders called Senseis to fans. Senseis include 20 new characters and 11 former villains. Each Sensei is a master of one of 10 powerful Battle Classes (e.g., Knight, Sorcerer, Brawler and more).Being the master of these Battle Classes, only Senseis have the ability to unleash Sky Chi – the ultimate Battle Class super move. Sensei Skylanders have a master-to-apprentice relationship with newly created Imaginator Skylanders. This is supported in-game through the Sensei unlocking of unique Imaginator weapons, the increase of Imaginator level caps, providing access to special areas in the game, as well as the unlocking of new Secret Techniques for Imaginators of the same class.
- New Storyline and Gameplay – Skylanders Imaginators features an all-new adventure- filled, comedic and charming story with fun new characters, as well as returning franchise favorites. The game delivers a diverse and dynamic story-driven gameplay experience, focused on the magic of sparking imagination, inspiration and excitement of kids as they create their own superheroes – all set within a variety of compelling new environments.Additionally, Skylanders Imaginators will support local co-op multiplayer. Players can place two Creation Crystals or two toys or a combination of the Crystals and toys on the Portal of Power to maximize the fun!
- Returning Core Characters – Skylanders Imaginators also will feature fan-favorite characters who make an appearance in both the storyline of the game — and the upcoming “Skylanders Academy” television series.
Skylanders Imaginators releases on October 14 in Europe, and will be available on PS4, Xbox One, PS3, Xbox 360 and Wii U.
Source: God is Geek