Spider-Man: Far From Home made over $1 billion while in theaters, and now that the film has been released digitally, we finally get to see what hit the cutting-room floor. One of the segments cut from the movie has been repackaged as a short film titled “Peter’s To-Do List.” And this should have stayed in the theatrical cut of the movie.
The short film takes place early on, after the high school’s “touching” in memoriam Avengers video and before the Homeless Support charity dinner Aunt May is hosting. In Peter’s To-Do List, Parker has to get ready for the school trip to Europe, and he has multiple errands to run. A few of them involve finding ways to get closer to MJ, like buying a dual headphone adapter or selling all his toys–except for Lobot–to buy her a necklace.
It’s a fun, day-in-the-life-of three-minute film where we see your average teenager complete mundane tasks. However, we’re quickly reminded Peter moonlights as a superhero as he takes down a mob inside a restaurant. The quick fight sequence for the end of this short film is a blast and features some great one-liners from your friendly neighborhood webslinger.
In fact, there are some moments from the early trailers here that didn’t appear in the movie, like when Spidey is jokingly telling the police officers he can’t be the next Iron Man because he’s too busy doing their job. Moments from this short film, however, were put into the movie for the rerelease of Far From Home which happened under-the-radar a couple weeks ago.
Spider-Man: Far From Home won’t be out on DVD, Blu-ray, and 4K UHD until October 1, but it is now available digitally through various storefronts, like Google Play, Vudu, Movies Anywhere, and iTunes.
Spider-Man: Far From Home
$20 in 4K
The digital release contains tons of special features from deleted scenes, featurettes, and a gag reel, all of which are detailed below.
- New Original Short, Peter’s To-Do-List: Peter has a few errands to run before he can leave on his class trip.
- Teachers’ Travel Tips: Mr. Harrington & Mr. Dell present a few tips on how to traverse the European continent.
- Stepping Up: Explore how Spider-Man was introduced in the MCU, the ways Tom Holland transformed the character of Peter Parker, and what the future holds for Spider-Man.
- Suit Up: The suit doesn’t make the hero – but it does play a big role in who they are and who they can become. This piece examines all of Peter’s different suits in the movie, and with behind the scenes footage, we see why some suits are better than others.
- Far, FAR, Far from Home: The film’s illustrious locations serve story points and establish tone, but they’re also amazing to travel to! Hear from the cast on their experiences filming on-location.
- It Takes Two: A special look at the chemistry between Jon Watts and Tom Holland.
- Fury & Hill: MCU stalwarts Cobie Smulders and Samuel L. Jackson are back as Agent Maria Hill & Nick Fury!
- The Ginter-Riva Effect: A look at the villain sub-plot and how William Ginter-Riva ties Spider-Man: Far From Home all the way back to the beginning of the MCU.
- Thank You, Mrs. Parker: A look at Marisa Tomei’s reimagining of Aunt May, from Homecoming to Far From Home.
- The Brother’s Trust: A quick look into some of the amazing work Tom Holland and his brothers have done through their charity, The Brothers Trust.
- The Jump Off: Interviews with the cast & crew take us through all of the amazing stunts of Far From Home.
- Now You See Me: We examine the evolution of Mysterio and why Jake Gyllenhaal was the perfect fit for the role.
- Stealthy Easter Eggs: Allow E.D.I.T.H. to reveal some of the hidden Easter Eggs you may have missed!
- Select Scene Pre – Vis: A side by side comparison of the Pre-Vis with the film
- Gag Reel & Outakes
- Never-Before-Seen Alternate & Extended Scenes
The products discussed here were independently chosen by our editors. GameSpot may get a share of the revenue if you buy anything featured on our site.
Source: Game Spot Mashup