Metalhead Software has today announced that the critically acclaimed Super Mega Baseball series is back.
Super Mega Baseball 2 is launching on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC via Steam. Metalhead Software has also announced that three DLC packs with additional customisation content will also be released on launch day as an optional way for fans to show added support.
“With Super Mega Baseball 2 we’ve put together a more sophisticated baseball simulation for the baseball purists, but we’ve also been careful to maintain the pick-up-and-play nature that made the original as accessible as it was,” said Metalhead Co-Founder Scott Drader. “Community feedback massively influenced our design choices for the sequel and we’ll be listening carefully to the community again this time when we’re considering further changes and additional content.”
The sequel includes:
- Overhauled presentation including 8 stadiums built from the ground up, more realistically scaled character models, and new, more athletic player animations
- Comprehensive customization of leagues, team logos and uniforms, and player gear
- New competitive and co-operative online modes, utilizing dedicated servers
- Cross-platform play between PC and Xbox One, and between PC and PS4
- Refined baseball simulation with visceral physics and realistic play outcomes
- Enhanced image quality on Xbox One X and PS4 Pro
Super Mega Baseball 2 is due for release on 1 May 2018.
Source: God is Geek