If you’re planning on visiting California this October for TwitchCon, you might want to get your tickets booked, as they’re now on sale at twitchcon.com/tickets. Tickets range from $89 up to $179, depending on your chosen day, or whether you go for the entire weekend.
This year’s TwitchCon has a huge amount of events going on, such as:
- TwitchCon Ambassador Program: What makes TwitchCon special are the creators and communities from all corners of Twitch who bring distinct ideas and perspectives to the convention. To showcase some of the unique and diverse talent in attendance, Twitch is introducing the TwitchCon Ambassador Program. Comprised of 15 Twitch Partners, the Ambassadors are involved in a number of activities before and throughout TwitchCon, including panels, stage content, Meet and Greets, and more. Attendees are encouraged to hear the Ambassadors’ stories and gain new insights and skills from their experiences.
- Artist Alley, formerly Creative Corner, will once again designate an area where Twitch artists show off and sell their pieces to attendees.
- TwitchCon Cosplay Contest is coming back and looking for cosplayers to compete in four categories (Needlework, Armor, Larger Than Life, and FX) with a prize pool of more than $70,000.
- Panels and Sessions are a TwitchCon staple with dozens every year that educate and entertain attendees.
- Expo Floor: The TwitchCon Expo Floor is where attendees can get hands-on with the latest games and gaming products with the amount of exhibitors growing year over year.
- TwitchCon Charity Plaza, in partnership with Tiltify, returns for the fourth consecutive year. Tiltify, the popular platform for content creator fundraising, will feature over 10 charities on the convention showfloor and on a featured live stream. The TwitchCon Charity Decathlon will also return with over 150 Twitch personalities representing the participating charities in a series of gaming, creative, and musical contests in order to become the TwitchCon Charity Decathlon Champion of 2018. In 2017, over $117,000 was raised for the 10 participating charities, with a goal to raise even more this year.
- Games Done Quick (GDQ) makes its TwitchCon debut with GDQ Express, a 50-hour speedrunning marathon benefiting charities taking place in TwitchCon Charity Plaza.
- Developer Day: The second annual, one-day event happens at the Marriott San Jose on October 25, the day before TwitchCon. Developers and industry leaders will come together to share best practices on building interactive, shared, real-time experiences on Twitch through game integrations, Extensions, and more.
If any of that sounds like your bag, and you have a spare wad of cash available to fund a trip to the US, then you might want to get your tickets, flights and accommodation sorted. TwitchCon takes place at the San Jose McEnery Convention Center in San Jose, California on October 26th-28th.
Source: God is Geek