After Hitman creators IO Interactive were unceremoniously dumped by Square-Enix a little over a year ago, the developer retained the rights to Agent 47’s franchise and has now agreed a deal with Warner Bros., beginning with the Definitive Edition releasing from May 18th.This is definitely good news for IO Interactive and for fans of the Hitman franchise (indeed, our very own Chris White was a fan of the first season), and although it makes sense for Warner Bros. to put its stamp on the series straight away, this Definitive Edition does feel a little close to the Game of the Year Edition that was released less than six months ago.
The Definitive Edition will feature a tonne of content, however:
- IO Interactive’s 20th Anniversary Outfit Bundle – Three new outfits inspired by Freedom Fighters, Kane & Lynch and Mini Ninjas
- HITMAN Season One (Main Game) – Seven exotic locations from the first season, including Paris, Sapienza, Marrakesh, Bangkok, Colorado and Hokkaido, along with the ICA Facility
- HITMAN Game of the Year Edition Content – Four missions from the Patient Zero Campaign, three themed Escalation Contracts that unlock three unique weapons, as well as the Clown Suit, Cowboy Suit and Raven Suit from the recent Game of the Year digital release
- HITMAN Summer Bonus Episode – Featuring ICA bonus missions in Sapienza and Marrakesh
- HITMAN: Blood Money Requiem Pack – Including the Requiem Suit, Pale Duck Explosive and ICA Chrome Pistol
- All featured Contracts, Escalation Contracts, Challenge Packs and game updates from HITMAN Season One and the HITMAN Game of the Year Edition
Hopefully this all means that Season Two is in the pipeline. But for now, if you haven’t already played it, Hitman: Definitive Edition hits stores (both physical and digital) beginning May 18th.
Source: God is Geek