Netflix has revealed that actors Elizabeth Yu, Maria Zhang, Tamlyn Tomita, Yvonne Chapman, and Casey Camp-Horinek have joined the cast of Avatar: The Last Airbender, based on the popular animated Nickelodeon series.
Filming of the series began recently in Vancouver in what has been described as a “virtual production stage which allows for visual effects to be done in real time in camera, combining multiple environments on a single stage.” In a release revealing these newest cast members, the following character breakdowns were also provided:
- Elizabeth Yu (All My Love) will play Azula, the intensely driven princess of the Fire Nation. A firebending prodigy and relentless perfectionist, she’ll stop at nothing to secure her position as the heir to the throne.
- Maria Zhang will play Suki, the intimidating leader of the Kyoshi Warriors, an elite female fighting force dedicated to protecting their community and upholding the ideals of their namesake, Avatar Kyoshi.
- Tamlyn Tomita (The Good Doctor, Cobra Kai) will play Yukari, Suki’s mother and the fiercely protective mayor of her small village on Kyoshi Island.
- Yvonne Chapman (Kung Fu, Family Law) will play Avatar Kyoshi, a legendary warrior revered for her bravery, fearsome fighting skills, and uncompromising dedication to the cause of justice.
- Casey Camp-Horinek (Barking Water, Reservation Dogs) will play Gran Gran, Katara and Sokka’s grandmother and the compassionate and wise matriarch of the Southern Water Tribe.
These new stars join the several cast members who were previously announced. Earlier this month, it was revealed that Daniel Dae Kim (Hellboy) will play the show’s main villain, Fire Lord Ozai. Other actors include Gordon Cormier as Aang, Kiawentiio as Katara, Ian Ousley as Sokka, and Dallas Liu as Prince Zuko.
Continue Reading at GameSpot
Source: Game Spot Mashup