Business is booming for Nintendo around the globe, but in its home territory of Japan, the console has reached an impressive milestone of 20 million sales since it was first launched in March 2017.
As reported by Famitsu and translated by Nintendo Life, the official sales number were recorded on June 2 and the list of the top five best-selling Switch games in Japan was also updated. Unsurprisingly, Animal Crossing: New Horizons continues to be the top-selling game on the system.
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons – 6.78 million units sold
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate – 4.29 million units sold
- Pokémon Sword and Shield – 4.05 million units sold
- Splatoon 2 – 3.87 million units sold
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – 3.84 million units sold
Nintendo recorded 84.59 million Switch console sales in its global figures that were released last month, and by now that number will have climbed even higher. That almost a quarter of all Switch sales originated from Japan shows the strength of the brand in that country, while current international sales forecasts predict that the Switch will soon overtake the Wii’s lifetime sales.
Continue Reading at GameSpot
Source: Game Spot Mashup